.
Riders ________________Calendar _______________ Photos ________________ Godspeedcourier.com
....

Grasshopper Adventure Series

Originally posted by Justin:

So firstly, HOLY STINKING CRAP! This ride/race was amazing! Levi Leipheimer was there and finished 2nd (everyone said he let the other guy win). 50 miles of mixed terrain with a waist high stream crossing!
All in all, after one flat and 1 major mechanical causing me to run/coast downhill the last 1 1/2 miles of race, I ended up finishing 67th of about 200 people. like 36 min behind Levi, I think. Chas finished 14th! 12 min behind Levi. Steve Torterelli killed it as well (beat my by 10 min). Passed me when I flatted and I never caught him back. Oh, but I tried.

Oh, one funny instance. About 20 min in I'm like mid pack, mid-front of the peloton. This guy looks over at me and is all "What's up, man? You not feeling well today or are you just waiting to start working your way up?" I'm all "Huh?" He's all, "You killed it in the Bs in cross this year, I figured you'd be more aggressive that's all. You waiting it out?" I was like "I think it's fair to let you know, I'm not Jim." He looked over at me a bit confused. So I jumped a few spots ahead, the first climb hit soon after and I don't recall seeing him after that.

That's all. I may try to fix my bike today and do soil saloon. Mavic freehub is toast though. So that means swapping cassette to another wheel. Not that bad. We'll see. Hope to see more Godspeed at the next grasshopper! It was a barrel of fun!

No comments: